Monday, October 6, 2008

I love to Masticate!

That's right. Masticate. Chew, chew, chew, chew, chew. I love it! And I learned just how much I love it when I did a cleanse this past week and went 6 days without food. I know what you're all thinking. Amanda without food is NOT a pretty picture. Well....it wasn't. Let me explain.

As a part of Tony Robbins Mastery University, I did the Life Mastery seminar this past week that focuses mostly on your body and health. We were on a liquid diet of wheatgrass, Udo's oil (essential Omega 3,6,9's), and a strange variety of juices and purees, most of which were rather disgusting. The second day with no food was not a happy one. My scowl could have melted steel. It's hard to be such a grump around upbeat, jolly people.....so my wrath was turned more against activities and such. I didn't want to participate, I protested rules, I threw little tantrums in my mind. All while trying not to be a bitch to everyone around me. No small feat, I assure you.

The following days I was in better spirits, but I've never felt so tired and weak in my life. Just walking around made me tired. Feeling hungry every two seconds wasn't pleasant either. But by the 5th day, the hunger pains finally subsided and I started feeling human again. By the 6th day, I felt like a rockstar!

Without grossing you out, you should know another part of this valuable detox process included colonics. I won't give you details, but let me give a little plug on colonics because they are SO IMPORTANT FOR YOUR LONGTERM HEALTH!

When you have blockages and layers stuck to the walls of your colon, the "toxins are released into the body. The body, in turn, tries to eliminate in the best way it knows how. When the colon isn't operating at an optimal level, we are, in essence, creating a living sewer in our bodies. Toxins in the blood stream cause cell destruction; accumulation of toxins in body tissues creates slowed reaction time and response; increasing toxicity in the blood stream causes a lack of oxygen to the cells, which brings about a lack of energy; as we lack energy, the body spirals downward, unable to eliminate the toxins effectively." In other words, get a colonic once a month. It will save your life. If you want to know more about this stuff, I'd be happy to share.

You should also know that on the very first day, we are given an enormous challenge that can stand as a powerful analogy if you let it. We climbed 50 foot telephone poles, stood on top (which is much harder than it sounds), and jumped off to catch a trapeze. Um, yeah. You may not believe me, but take a look for yourself....




I've never been more terrified in my life. It took me two minutes to get to the top. Another 5 to get turned around to the back side of the pole. About 5 more to get one foot on the top of the pole, and about another 20 minutes to take the last step. Jumping for the trapeze was comparably easy.

I learned a lot about myself this past week. I feel lighter and have more energy than ever before. I learned some new habits that I will incorporate into my life forever onward....and I made about 60 new best friends. What an amazing journey.....