Monday, February 23, 2009

Never Normal

So I'm shaking things up these days. I'm never satisfied to do normal, mellow things. Normal is far too mundane for me. I have not been acclimating to the single life very well, so I make my life as busy and complicated as possible. Naturally. I've hussled up new clients, work is getting a little busier....and I enrolled my happy behind in school. School has never been high on my priority list as I already have a career I love.....but why not collect careers just as I've collected jobs all my life?? So I'm going to chip away at a degree in nutrition. I study about it on my own anyway.....may as well make it official. I'll have a while before I can even dream about graduating. Maybe by the time I hit 40. :)

Another shocking addition to my regime is a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) class I'm taking three times a week. My schedule doesn't allow me to attend the beginning classes, so I'm having to crash the intermediate/advanced class. Tonight was the first one.....and I'm ALREADY sore!!! It hasn't even been an hour! Daaaaaaang. I'm so far over my head on this....and I LOVE it! I've never had this much fun working out in my LIFE. Working out and kicking ass all at the same time!!!??? Who knew?? I can't wait to see all my pudge go away for good. Six pack, you ask? Yes please. Tina Turner arms? Absolutely. Kick some bad guy booty? Mmmm. Ok. Just call me Kung Fu Panda.

So juggling work, clients, school, martial arts classes, and choir is an interesting challenge. My choir Vox Femina has a performance in three weeks on March 14th. We are Singing For A Cure, with the Susan G Komen breast cancer musical arrangement. We are singing with an amazingly talented group of men who rock my world. I am soooo excited about this concert! I get chills in rehearsals from this music! If you can make it.....please please do. I didn't get a solo this time around, but I was selected for a small ensemble. So excited.

So stay tuned for MMA updates (maybe I'll land myself in a size 6 haha), choir news, and stories of college life for late bloomers. :)