Friday, May 1, 2009

Changing once again...

The tides of change have swept through my life and things are shifting once again.

A couple months ago, I took a leap of faith. I made a career change and went from the land of candlelight and soft music to calculators and copy machines. I loved it. I was beginning to become good at it. My clients were convinced I knew more than I do.....I'm sure that's thanks to all those years as a thespian. I was helping people save their homes, and I managed to learn a thing or two about myself along the way.

I learned that there is such a thing as being too "nice". I discovered that by creating clear boundaries for myself, I will avoid drama and pain, and demand the respect from those around me. I learned that I need to stand up for myself no matter what, because who else is going to? I learned that it's OK to put your whole heart into something because its not important if you succeed or fail, so long as you gave it your all. And I learned to "man-up", grow a pair, and to stop taking any shit. I still have room for growth, but there's always a starting point.

I also received the most impressive and intensive training I could ever ask for. I learned a LOT about sales and how people think, how to handle difficult situations, difficult personalities, and how to stay in control of any given situation. Again, I have much room for improvement....but practice makes perfect.

I'm grateful they took a chance on me. I'm grateful for the people I was able to help, the fabulous people I worked with and everything in between.

Sadly, I made the difficult decision to let it go for now.... the time just isn't right.

Back to being a Free Bird. Back to the land of candlelight and soft music. Back to the gym, and hopefully back to having a clean house. But once I get my bearings, watch out. I'm sure I'll go back for more.....