Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Triathlon training begins....

The triathlon training has officially begun. I started last Sunday, and by Tuesday, I got sick. That wiped me out for the rest of the week. I restarted with renewed commitment this past Sunday (three days ago).

So far, I'm off to a great start. I've followed my training plan to the letter. Today was 70 minutes on the bike, 35 minutes in the pool. Tomorrow....running and weights. I'll rest on Fridays, and now its time to get on top of my nutrition.


I really see myself going into the nutrition field, so what a great reason for me to end my compulsive, addictive behavior with food. I've come a long way already, but improvement is always on my agenda. I'm grateful to have met a trainer who is also a nutritionist, and is happy to do trades. Trading is what makes my world go 'round. I'm excited to meet with her, and see how my body responds to the changes I make.


I also entered a contest at my gym that gives you 12 weeks to make as much improvement as possible, and the winner gets $15,000. Finalists get $2,000. I squandered the first two weeks, but now my nose is to the grindstone. Watch this sistah bring home some cheddah. They took a "before" picture, and I was sure to wear the tightest bikini I could find. Muffin top included. I even squished down, and tilted my chin to look as fat as possible. Call me nuts, but this contest is based off the picture. And this chica wants to win some cash.


So working out, and work is pretty much my focus right now. Date night with the girls is going to be a riot, and I still spend time with Zam more than I should considering he's my forbidden lover/ex-boyfriend/bff/whatever you want to call him. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I have free time. What? Free time? What am I supposed to do with that? :D


Suffice it to say, I'm happy 2010 is off to a quiet, peaceful start. Hopefully, I don't speak too soon..... :)


Here are some pictures taken over the holidays....