Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Triathlon training. I'm over it.

Triathlon training. It started out slow as I was fighting off a cold. Then momentum built, and I was having fun. And now? Now.... I'm just frickin tired. Spending literally half the day at the gym is getting old, and I'm tired all the time. Work has been really busy too, so I get to bust out a three hour workout, and then bust out six hours of massage. Really? I'm over it.

My triathlon is in 10 days. It should be easy enough....a 3 mile run, 9 mile bike ride, and a wimpy 150 meter swim. I'm really not worried about it. All the crazy training has been for the more intensive triathlon in June. But at this pace, I'm not sure I can maintain, and I'm questioning whether or not to do the second triathlon. If I'm dragging myself around every day, exhausted and grumpy....then I may have to pass. We shall see....

E and I are taking a boxing class as well. It's crazy to me that twice a week, I'm punching and kicking and running, bootcamp style, at 6am. Good thing its so fun..... otherwise I just couldn't do it. Particularly when you consider I'm doing this in addition to the training.

Seriously....for as much as I'm at the gym, I should be on their payroll.

Next week, I'm hoping to start riding a real bike instead of the wannabe spin bike at the gym. The spinning bikes are the closest thing to the real deal, but I think its time to graduate to the streets. Now if I can just get my hands on a bike....