Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Date night begins


Date night has been a success for the most part. Every Friday night, my single girlfriends and I get together and hit the town. Sometimes its a group, sometimes its just two of us. No matter what we do, we always have fun.

We've made a point to do new things, explore new places, and really take advantage of all LA has to offer. Some things didn't live up to the hype, others have been fantastic. Last week, E and I went to Artwalk in downtown LA. Dozens of art galleries open their doors, some artists paint right on the spot, vendors sell crazy, eclectic things....its all kinds of fun. We had walked for nearly 3 hours before we realized we were tired. Next week....pajama party and grub at R's house. I'm lovin me some date night!
This is me and E in a limo after a loveley dinner at Roy's. It was supposed to be a free shuttle to the movies about 6 blocks away. The grumbly driver was complaining about cheap tippers all night, so I gave him an obligatory $10 for a 6 block limo ride. That was expensive, especially considering that we just turned around and walked back once we saw there were no movies we wanted to watch.

Here's me, R, and E....at a party for Chef Ariel of Hell's Kitchen season 6. She was a roomie of mine, so we were showing support.


And most recently, E and I were bored out of our minds at the museum, despite the live bands and alcohol every 10 feet. There wasn't one solitary cute guy in the whole place. Depressing. So this was how we entertained ourselves....

I think date night is going to be a night to look forward to, always!