Friday, March 6, 2009

Five Hundred, Twenty-Five Thousand, Six Hundred Minutes....How do you measure a Year??


When life gets hard, its easy to get caught up in the day to day dramas. When the bills are rolling in, money is hard to come by, and relationships are in the toilet....its even easier to get distracted. Enter ME....queen of the easily distracted.

So to lift my spirits, I took my melancholy self on a date to see my favorite musical of all time....RENT. The reason I love it so much is the message..... measure your time in LOVE, treat each moment as if it's your last because there is no day but today. Most of us are plotting and planning for the future, or miserable or lamenting about our past rather than committing to this moment RIGHT NOW.

I'm not saying kick back and forget your responsibilities, or that your past doesn't matter......but what happens to us isn't who we are, and at the end of the day, the LOVE we have and share is really what matters. So be present in everything you do..... measure your time in LOVE because there is NO DAY BUT TODAY!